Monday, May 21, 2012

So far, it has been a good butterfly spring.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve BorichevskyAmerican Lady Butterflies (above) are common. If I see a Question Mark, or a Red Admiral, I consider it a good season. Honestly, I just don’t see that many butterflies. This year, they are all over the place!

We drove up to New Hampshire two weekends ago and saw hundreds of Red Admirals (left) and dozens of Question Marks (below).

I take this as a good omen.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Okay, I will photograph an American Lady when I see one. No doubt. This one reminds us that being a butterfly is not an easy gig. Life’s short and you only get one set of wings.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I’ve seen all three of these while walking between buildings at work. It makes me twitch a bit as I mentally wrestle between getting a camera and getting paid! I like to eat and sleep under a dry roof. Okay, I’ll wait for the weekend.

1 comment:

Roy said...

Good job you had some backups Steve. Lovely images.

Related Posts with Thumbnails