Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Evening Creature Feature: The First Dragon of the Year

Can it be? We are half way through May already? It seems just yesterday that we were ringing in the New Year. Now we are just a month away from summer and that means that dragon season is upon us in New England.

And that brings me to tonight’s Saturday Evening Creature Feature. My first dragon photos for 2012. And for this year, I’m setting the bar pretty high. I just took these this morning at my favorite dragon location in Dogtown. These are all Common Baskettails

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to check back throughout the week, I’ve got some wildflowers, butterflies and I’m sure that there will be birds too.

Visit Camera Critters for more photos from the animal kingdom.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful shots Steve, I can never get a decent one of a dragonfly.

Icy BC said...

Ooh your dragon is just gorgeous, and has such beautiful colors on it.

Thank you for visiting Beyond Zephyr!

Carletta said...

Excellent shots Steve!
I know from experience these aren't easy to get.
I captured my first one of the year this afternoon. Not nearly this good. :)

Daniel LaFrance said...

Lovely captures and steady hands. Well done, Steve!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

NO ONE captures these beauties like you do, Steve! What...do you glue them down? They always zip off when I raise my lens...you are the Stealth Master!

Related Posts with Thumbnails