Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pink Lady’s Slippers

There is one place in Dogtown that I keep my eye on this time of year. It is the only place where I see Pink Lady’s Slippers year after year. It was prefect Lady’s Slipper shooting conditions yesterday when I took these, the sky was clear and it was early in the morning. The light bouncing around the forest floor produced very saturated colors. There was no breeze and most importantly…no skeeters!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Today's Flowers

9 comments:

Icy BC said...

What a gorgeous flower, and fantastic shots! It's a thrill to see this rare one.

Helen said...

These are beautiful! I have never seen but one live one and that was many years ago. Some loggers destroyed the plant when wood was cut. I didn't realize that was going to happen or I would have tried to move the plant.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

How lovely, Steve! Wildflowers are precious, and delicate. Your photographs do these justice!

Arija said...

Beautiful shots, especially the last one.
It is always exciting to find orchids in the wild and so nice to see you know where to find them.

Randi said...

Wow...such a beautiful and exotic flower! I agree...early morning is the best time for photographing.

Costin Comba said...

So beautiful. Absolutely wonderful. Have a great week. Greetings from Romania.

Self Sagacity said...

It looks just like the slippers.

Judy said...

Gorgeous colours! It is getting to the season for those pesky things...

Carletta said...

Lovely shots!
I've never seen these in the wild. It's nice you have a place to go.
They look more like a heart to me than slippers. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails