Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I’m Sorry subject you to more butterflies

What can I say? You got to make hay while the sun shines, or in this case, there is nothing wrong with chasing butterflies if you intend to chase butterflies. It only becomes a neurosis when you are under compulsions to chase butterflies and you don’t want to.

But I’m digressing. As I’ve exclaimed previously, I’m having a banner butterfly spring. I shoot what I see and post what I shoot. In this case, I came a cross an oak tree that had a wound that was oozing sap. The butterflies were taking advantage of the bounty. Thus, I’m a overweight with butterflies these days.

A Red Admiral suns on the side of a tree.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

This is the underside of the wings of a Red Admiral.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

A Question Mar and two Red Admirals

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

More of the same.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Two Question Marks and a Red Admiral.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Red Admiral

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Below are a Question Mark and a Red Admiral. You do see the Admiral don’t you?

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Question Mark Sipping Sap.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Finally, a Question Mark sunning on a boulder.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful, Steve!

Helen said...

Hummm, that would tempt me to make cuts in oak trees just so butterflies could have something to eat. They are all beautiful.

Kay said...

Nice shots. They sure do blend into the tree bark.

Carol Mattingly said...

Steve, I knew when I saw the tons of caterpillar cocoons that Butterflies would have a huge presence this year. Gorgeous images. Carol

Roy said...

Lovely, keep them coming Steve.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

There simply cannot BE too many butterfly photographs, Steve. What luck seeing such beauties all together! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails