Sunday, May 13, 2012

Flowers in the woods near Saratoga, New York

There is a large computer chip factory being built in Malta, New York. The company I work for supplies machines for that company. I was curious to see what it looked like, so Becky and I took a drive by. In the industrial complex, there is a chunk of land set aside with some walking trails. They called it The Hundred Acres Wood. We decided to take a walk.

This acreage is similar to the woods that I grew up in. I was pleased to find some flowers I haven’t seen since I was in grad school, back when flintlock rifles were all the rage.

First up is Fringed Polygala.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Next is what I believe is Foam Flower. It’s a new plant to me.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Some kind of Violet.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Some other kind of Violet.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Another new to me plant, Wild Germanium.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Like the Fringed Polygala, here is a plant I haven’t seen since I left New England, Purple Trillium.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

We saw all these flowers in a half hour walk in the woods.

Visit Today's Flowers

5 comments:

Roy said...

Beautiful set of images Steve.

Jama said...

All of them are so lovely!

chubskulit said...

Simply beautiful velvety texture and color!
Bleeding heart, please come and see.

Pat said...

Sounds like a good company....creating jobs and flowers! We have a similar "woods" here bulit by the original property owners that runs school nature programs for the city. Unfortunately it is threatened by road construction for the 6000 employees exiting I395 to the new and poorly located BRAC offices. So far its safe, but surrounded.

Costin Comba said...

So beautiful. Amazing colors. Have a great week. Greetings from Romania.

Related Posts with Thumbnails