Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring is coming, I promise.

Well, it hasn’t been the toughest of winters, but still, I’m rather bored with the brown grass and the bare trees. I’ve seen some signs that spring is coming. First of all, it is March 1st and I had to flip the calendar to a new month. We’ve got about 20 days left of winter. Plus, I spied this Eastern Bluebird the other day.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

In addition to this, I’ve seen signs that the gulls are starting to pair up.

Last year, March came in like a lion and went out like a lion. Could be the same this year. Just sayin’.

untitled-36 February 29, 2012-190-4

We’re having a bit of nasty weather as we say good by to February.

5 comments:

Susan W. said...

The robins have returned, too - but it looks like you are right about the late onslaught of winter weather!

Merisi said...

Such a sweet bird to herald spring!
Let's hope spring comes soon and March behaves, pretty tired of winter.

Eve said...

I hope the weather calms and the Bluebirds multiply!! Happy March Steve!!

Chris said...

It is the same for us, snow and snow and snow!!! Excellent blue bird picture Steve and the lavender waxbill in the previous message is fantastic!

Frank said...

Our Robins are singing like mad ... the territorial fights will start soon.
As for the weather ... we are praying for rain ..lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails