Sunday, January 29, 2012

Princess Laura

©2012 Steve BorichevskyWe had winter on a Saturday this year. Last Saturday to be precise. It has been unseasonably mild all through December and January. So when this snow came, I though I better take advantage of it, force myself out and get some shots.

I went over to State Fish Pier here in Gloucester and bumped into the crew of the Princess Laura tending to the nets. They encouraged me to take some shots. It was quite a lot of fun and a challenge. If you caught last Sunday’s Shooting Scenes in a Snow Storm post, I really wanted to test my skills at outsmarting my camera.

Now here in Gloucester the boats need to take advantage of the season when the season is open. And if it means that there is work to be done, snow storm or not, it gets done.

I have to chuckle though. This snow was very much like the snow we got in Colorado. It was very fine and slippery. Just before I took this photo, I was walking around the nets and I hit some ice that was hidden under the snow. I had gear in my bag on my back and a camera in my left hand. It all happened in slow motion as I rolled my elbows inward and down protecting my exposed camera with my feet in the air somewhere out in front of me and down I went. Fortunately, Bumbles bounce and nothing was broken…including me.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

4 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Steve, thank you for posting these snow images. If you look at my post today, you'll find a daffodil which I found blooming yesterday in the Bluegrass area. If you get more snow, please go out and shoot it and post it. And oh, watch the walking on the slippery stuff. A person can really hurt themselves with that. Carol

The Sweetest Days said...

Glad you didn't break your camera, or yourself! I know just where you are, provided Laura is still in the same place as when I was in Gloucester a year and a half ago. I believe her future was uncertain at the time. Nice to see she is still active!

Where is winter anyway???

Chris said...

We had tons and tons of snow. It is gone now as it has been raining for two days, but is is gonna come back. That was the longest period with snow in Reykjavik since the 80's... The snow arrived 5th of November and just left yesterday!
Nice collection of pictures Steve!

Steffe said...

Sure looks a bit cold. Great photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails