Thursday, January 26, 2012

Becky’s Plover

No, the American Ornithological Union didn’t get together and rename this bird. It is a Pacific Golden Plover. I owe this one to Becky, who is not a birder. She said, “Hey, there’s a plover!” And what a cool plover it is.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I’ve always been a bit jealous of blogging buddy Chris for his spectacular Golden Plover shots. Now I’ve got some of my own. The Pacific Golden Plover is a winter migrant to the Hawaiian Islands, so I’m going to rack this one up as a life bird, since it is supposed to be here.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

What a thrill. This was on our second day in Kona. It turns out that they are fairly common, but never-the-less, it is a really cool bird!

4 comments:

ksdoolittle said...

Steve, it's just the sweetest thing! So innocent looking. Congrats on another life bird.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Beautiful bird!

Judy said...

Such a pretty bird! I can see why it is called the golden plover!

Kelly said...

...love these Golden plover shots, and I noticed immediately that they were very Chris! :-) Becky is a lot like my Rick...although not officially a birder, Rick is a great bird spotter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails