Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday Evening Creature Feature, Razorbills

There has been a couple of Razorbills off of Fort Point here in Gloucester. This one was spied on Friday afternoon hunting in his winter plumage.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Here is a lobster float with a Razorbill to give you a size comparison.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

This inspired me to dust off some of the photos I took in last May in Canada. These Razorbills are in their breeding plumage.

.DSC_0083

DSC_0162

DSC_0222

DSC_0231

2 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I doubt I will ever see a Razorbill but sure would love to.
Huh...the word verification word was "bilful". I guess the Razorbill is known for that.

Judy said...

The colours are similar, but the breeding plumage is much more snazzy! I am admiring the rocks in that one capture from Canada! I love the stripes!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails