Monday, November 7, 2011

Morning walk in Downtown Nashville

Are y’all doing okay?*
I just returned from a convention in Nashville, Tennessee. My hotel was right in the heart of downtown. I could have hit the Country Music Hall of Fame with a baseball. There is a lot of construction going on downtown and this part of my view from the hotel window. Not that I really minded because they were good about not starting up too early in the morning and I was up getting caught up with work emails anyway.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
Along my walk to the convention center, I spied this bill of one of my guitar heroes, Chet Atkins.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
This is Broadway. I’m going to take you down here on a night walk, real soon.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
Continuing on my walk to the convention center, I saw something that seemed familiar…
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
It’s the Ryman Auditorium. This is the original home of the Grand Ole Opry, Birthplace of Bluegrass and is still an important venue for C&W.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
That ends the morning walk, the convention center is right across the street. Y’all come back now, I going to take you on that nigh time walk down Broadway.

*A friendly Southern greeting.

3 comments:

Whitemist said...

i did a presentation at an environmental confrence a while back - the confrence was dry, but the city was not and i enjoyed every moment there

Whitemist said...

i did a presentation at an environmental confrence a while back - the confrence was dry, but the city was not and i enjoyed every moment there

The Sweetest Days said...

So that's Nashville, huh? I've never been there and probably won't ever go seeing as how I'm the only one in this house that appreciates country music. Maybe not quite Chet Atkins though ; )

I hope it was a good trip, Steve!

I also wanted to tell you, today a female Baltimore Oriole kept coming to my suet feeder. She was hungry! What she's doing here in November, who knows.

Related Posts with Thumbnails