Monday, October 3, 2011

Pride of Baltimore II

This has been our week for privateer schooners. The Pride of Baltimore II was anchored in Gloucester Harbor all day Sunday, destined for Boston today. Sunday was another tough shooting day with thin fog and mist all day.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Behind the Star Spangled Banner you can see that the trees are a bit brown. During Hurricane Irene, we had a lot of salt spray in the area and a good deal of the foliage was salt burned.

 

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

We haven’t seen the Pride here for a couple of years. It is good to see her again. As I write this, the Lynx is still tied up at the Maritime Heritage Center in Gloucester.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

...such a beautiful boat! I saw the U.S.S. Constitution this summer. It was my first introduction to historic ships. Now I'm hooked on them. Thanks for introducing me to this reproduction. I'm going to go out and read about its history now...

Roy said...

It has the lines of a fast boat Steve.

Related Posts with Thumbnails