Sunday, October 30, 2011

Eine kleine Nactpost, What’s new?

With all of the annual headstone postings, I got a little backed up on current events. I’ve just published my second calendar, 2012 Lighthouse Calendar. The preview object has not been created yet but you can see it at my publishing profile page.

My 2012 Gloucester Schooners Calendar was a fun project and will be on my office wall next year. This features many of the schooners that call Gloucester their home port and many schooners that visit us. You will see our Ardelle, Thomas E. Lannon and Bald Eagle plus one of the old Essex build schooners such as the Roseway. In addion there is the Liberty Clipper, Dove II, Virginia, American Eagle, Alabama, Fame, Estrela, Harvey Gammage and Bluenose II out of Nova Scotia.
 
In recent events, today I saw some of our winter birds are starting to come in. American Black Ducks, Redneck Grebe, Brant, Red-throated Loon and Common Loon to name a few.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
I love Brant, they are not much bigger than a Herring Gull.
In other news, I bumped into buddy David Cox out shooting the rollers pounding the back shore.  Yah, great minds think alike, the blue sky and surf were just too tasty to pass up.
We had a Nor’easter over the weekend. Much of New England got dumped on by snow. We were lucky, just wind and water. Since it has the apparency of being a bit somber here, with all those graveyard shift posts, perhaps I better lighten it up a little with some lighter fare.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
I couldn’t believe this guy! I’m glad he climbed up there with a red hoodie. Makes for a good shot to give you scale. Those of us, like David and me, who love life prefer to use long lenses to get an up close view.
©2011 Steve Borichevsky
Pretty cool roller! The wind is blowing the crest of the wave back out to see.©2011 Steve Borichevsky
Tomorrow I will have the last of the graveyard posts for the year. Until then, stay dry and sleep well.

2 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

As we Californian's would say "Surf's up dude". Great shot with the "dude" on the rocks.

Dawn Fine said...

Love the surf photos! stay warm..we got a few inches of whites stuff here in CT.

Related Posts with Thumbnails