Monday, September 12, 2011

Fame Pt II

Following up on yesterday’s post where we saw some shots of the crew, to day I’m showing you something different. Usually I’m shooting at the Fame, on this day, I was shooting from the Fame! This post will show you why I like doing it at this time of year.

As I mentioned yesterday, the humidity dropped and the sky was blue and the winds were light. White canvas and blue sky make a great combination.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

The square rigger Friendship back home on Darby Wharf.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Leaving Pickering Wharf Marina we sailed past the Derby Wharf Light on the end of the Wharf.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Sailing past Fort Pickering Light.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

This was an unexpected surprise. This is Hospital Point Light in Beverly, Massachusetts. I’ve had this on my mind for several years, but never had a way to get the shot. It is called Hospital Point because there was a small pox hospital built there in 1801.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Here is an old friend I didn’t expect to see in Salem Harbor! It’s the Chebacco boat Lewis H Story from the Essex Shipbuilding Museum along with other sailboats.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky  ©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Alas, a reminder that I need to make more money.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Now schooners do not sail as well with a tailwind as the Friendship does. Captain Mike gave orders to the crew to set up sails and suggested that I get aft and take a shot. Below, lower left is Suzanne setting the sail to complete the setup. (Sorry, being a lubber from Colorado, I don’t don’t remember what it was called, but I’ve included a shot of the Adventurer executing this on the right.)  So if you can imagine being on the boat and trying to “capture the moment”, why you would how difficult it would be to capture. I had an 18mm lens an still couldn’t do it justice. But it was pretty cool anyway.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky  Schooner Adventurer 8-30-2008 10-21-09 AM

Okay, this is my best shot that documents the moment. See, the aft sale goes to port, the foresail is off to the starboard.

©2011 Steve BorichevskyI’m not sure what’s going to happen with the sunset.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Okay, the sun is going down and this post is getting too long. What happened to the sunset? I’ll tell you later!

1 comment:

Roy said...

This is a great series Steve and that last shot is stunning.

Related Posts with Thumbnails