Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Some Recent Bugs

I’m having a pretty good butterfly year so far. New on the list is an Great Spangled Fritillary that I found in Dogtown feeding on Milkweed flowers. This is genus as the Atlantis Fritillary that I shot in Vermont a year ago. I was impressed at how the white spots on this butterfly iridesce a brilliant silver color which I just couldn’t capture.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Red Admiral©2011 Steve Borichevsky

A tiny American Copper on Daisy Fleabane©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Last Saturday, I found these in Topsfield at the Ipswich River Audubon Sanctuary

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail ©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Monarch©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Spicebush Swallowtail (I’m seeing a great deal of these this year!)©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Red-spotted Purple underside and topside

©2011 Steve Borichevsky©2011 Steve Borichevsky

4 comments:

ksdoolittle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Steve!

Roy said...

A lovely set of images Steve.

Carol Mattingly said...

I never see Monarchs here Steve. So glad you got an image of one. Love these. Carol

forestal said...

Fantastic series Steve. I have not a few of those, will have to do some looking tomorrow ;)

dan

Related Posts with Thumbnails