Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gannet

Wednesday afternoon I was sitting on the docks by the Maritime Heritage Center here in Gloucester and had a good look at the Gannet

DSC_0015

A crew heading out for practice.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

This morning is a bit rainy and yet another crew is out for a practice.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Seine boat rowers have a really long stroke. Here is the end of the stroke.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

And this the beginning of the stroke.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

In case you searched on Northern Gannet and wound up here, I’m sure this photo of the Gannet’s namesake will not disappoint.

Northern Gannet 4-25-2009 2-11-22 PM

10 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Yeah, I was expecting a bird photo. My, I had no idea how long those boats were until I saw the side shots. Looks like a hard pull.

Kelly said...

Wow! ....beautiful photo of the Gannet, Steve. I've never been that close to one.

mari said...

Хорошая работа!

Martha Z said...

I love the quality of the water in that first shot and the gannet is great too.

Linnea said...

That looks like fun (as long as the boat doesn't tip over!) Love that first shot with the gorgeous reflection.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos and I love the Gannet, Steve!

sheila lynch said...

another great post, love the variety and colors, excellent sg=hots

Carol Mattingly said...

Gorgeous photo Steve!!! Carol

Linda Makiej said...

These shots are wonderful!

Johnny Nutcase said...

yeeeargh! I love the way that water looks in the first shot. Sweet gannet too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails