Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Savannah Sparrow

I’ve posted Savannah Sparrows before, but these are rather special. They are from Bolsa Chica in Huntington Beach, CA. I’m happy to see them because some 20 years ago, they were in trouble in Southern California. Perhaps they still are.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

I did a breading block survey in the Niwot, Colorado in the 90s. Four years after I found Savannah Sparrow breading in my block, the land had been developed. I could hardly recognize the area. How long can we continue this?

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

It must be National Sparrow day. I've seen three postings of sparrows this morning.

Debbie Miller @HooootOwl said...

Beautiful Savannah Sparrow Series!

cindyzlogic said...

What a wonderful find!! He's a beauty and you did some great photography!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails