Thursday, June 16, 2011

Laurel

I have been walking by the Mountain Laurel bushes in Dogtown since I arrived, but never happened to be around when they were blooming. Despite all of the kvetching I did about the weather on Sunday, I had seen that the Mountain Laurel was about to flower and I wanted to see what the it looked like. Normally, I stay out of Dogtown this time of the year because the mosquitos are thick. But curiosity go the best of me and I headed into the woods. I was not disappointed.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

In true SMU style, I like critters on wild flowers as they add interest.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

I found this moth on one bush.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Feeling pretty good about finding so much blooming Mountain Laurel, I started down the path by the railroad and found this Sheep Laurel blooming. The blossoms are about a quarter of an inch across.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

6 comments:

PaulaO said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Arija said...

Great shots, I have a couple in my garden in Australia.
Love the way the buds look like icing.

sheila lynch said...

great shots!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Beautiful flower photos but for me, that moth is stunning.

WPgirl said...

So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

NatureFootstep said...

nice critters, but the flowers are amazing. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails