Saturday, May 7, 2011

First Spring Flowers

The first spring flowers have erupted in Dogtown. The first that I see every spring are the Bluets.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

I’m not exactly sure what these are.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

What ever they are, some type of anemone perhaps, I’d rather have this type of white on the ground than what we were dealing with earlier in the year.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

This one, I’m pretty sure, is Wood Anemone.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

And finally, two Violet species.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Now, where are the dragons?

2 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

I saw a dragon yesterday Steve at Bernheim. Hold on they're coming. I love wildflowers and I'm so glad spring has made it to New England. I wished I were coming to New England this year but probably not. Carol

Frank said...

Looks similar to Wood Anemone Steve.

The Damsels and Dragons have started to appear over here ... yipee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails