Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Boys are Back in Town!

I took a walk in Dogtown Saturday. There was a little caterpillar dropping out of a tree on a thread of silk. It couldn’t have been more that an eighth of an inch long. I though to myself that the Baltimore Orioles should be coming in. About twenty minutes later I could hear a pair chattering. I found a couple of males sizing each other up.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

The victor!

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Also spotted coming through was this female Black-and-white Warbler.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

6 comments:

Sharon M said...

Oh, I wish I had orioles! Lovely!

forestal said...

wonderful shots Steve

dan

hip-chick said...

won't be long till summer comes, now that the boys are here again.
Great captures. gotta love those colors!

Ginnymo said...

What beautiful birds they are!! Great photos Steve!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

How very amazing! I adore Baltimore Orioles!!! Rarely do I see them here so this is quite a treat. The little black & white warbler is a treasure!

eileeninmd said...

Great sighting, Steve! The Orioles are gorgeous birds and the B&W warbler is cute. Wonderful photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails