Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tufted Titmouse

This was a bit of a treat. I don’t get to shoot Titmice because of their rather timid nature. Many of my blogging buddies have the luxury of having them at their feeders. But my feeder birds are pretty much gulls, so I need to shoot these guys in the woods. That puts me at quite the disadvantage since the in the eastern woods the canopies are generally closed and the light levels are low, or you cannot see up in the canopy at all. But this time of year is rather fun because the birds’ hormones are surging and the leaves have not come out yet. Therefore you can sometimes find one that is more interested in what its male competition is up to than it is getting away from the biped with the big scary camera thingy.

This little guy was singing his brains out, chattering to the other titmice and was happy to pose for me about thirty five feet up in a tree.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky©2011 Steve Borichevsky©2011 Steve Borichevsky©2011 Steve Borichevsky

5 comments:

Sharon M said...

I love these birds! They have the sweetest faces. Yes, they are shy indeed. Glad you were able to capture it.

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

They frequent our feeders so we're fortunate in that. I always wondered if more than one Tufted Titmouse are Tufted Titmice.

Ginnymo said...

Awww! What beautiful photos you got!! They are the sweetest birds and I love to hear them talk.

Carol Mattingly said...

He is adorable and I must say I am not the least big feeling sorry for you because all you have are "sea" gulls at your feeder Steve. Carol

Mary said...

These are fabulous, Steve! They are such cheerful little birds -- always a favorite at my feeders. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails