Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dewdrops in the sun

I woke up Sunday morning after a rainy Saturday night to find that the sky was blue, the fog was lifting and the temperature was headed for the low 70s. I grabbed my gear and headed out the door with a bolt of energy that I had not felt in a long time. After being cooped up for so many months, it was great to get out.

Here are a couple of photos that show the promise of things to come. First is Canada Mayflower which covers the forest floors on Cape Ann.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Next is a shot of a blackberry cane still dripping with due from the misty fog that gently rolled over the landscape earlier.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Watery Wednesday

13 comments:

EasyDiverChris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon M said...

I love the second shot! Beautiful.

hip-chick said...

Beautiful pictures. I have always wondered what that stuff on the forest floor is called. It's such a pretty color it's like a carpet. Sunday was so nice!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Those a great! I thought about getting a dedicated macro lens, but only just thought about it. You keep this up and I'll start thinking again.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful images, Steve! Well done!

Leanne said...

Beautifu water droplets.

Tammie Lee said...

absolutely wonderful photos, it really is nice to have the seasons changing.
I love the details of the drops hanging in your second photo, as though I can see the tension on the skin of the water!

2sweetnsaxy said...

I'm glad you got to get out. Wish I could say the same. These are awesome, especially that 2nd shot. My kind of shot!! :-)

Judy said...

Wonderful rain/dew drops!! I really love the reflections in the drops on the blackberry canes!!

J Bar said...

Terrific macros.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Fjällripan said...

Wow! The second photo is amazing! :)

Rajlakshmi said...

amazing captures...
loved the drops in the second one :D lovely :)

micke said...

Beautiful pictures.
A like pictures number 2 speciel whith the drops.
Sorry if a spell badly but a am from sweden and i can not speak english so good.
But i am folling your blogg sometimes, or every day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails