Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dog and I

I have to chuckle. It was snowing and I forced myself to go out and take some shots. The snow had slowed down…until I got to the docks, then it started to come down hard. The wind was blowing and the snow was stinging my eyes. Struggling to keep the objective clean and dry, I managed to get some shots.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

A little longer shutter speed gave a totally different texture and effect to the shot. Dog and I is out of Manchester, Massachusetts, but it hangs out in Gloucester.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

Then the fine art shot. I could just see this hanging in the MET. Just saying. Seriously. Give me a call, MET. I'll get you a copy.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

MET, let's do lunch.

11 comments:

Jay Albert said...

Ah....the challenge of shooting in the snow. You met the challenge! With me the faster shutter speed you stop the snow and catch the snowflakes. Slower speeds you catch white streaks. You caught in great detail both examples....Great work!

texwisgirl said...

LOL! Lovely colors (including the white stuff falling).

John S. Mead said...

Well done! I like how you shared your different approaches to this same subject. I've left several messages at the MET for you .. ;-)

sheila lynch said...

Hello, this is the MET calling, excellent work! How much? What!!! :)

Carol Mattingly said...

Steve, I'm going to start worrying about you. It's possible winter has run its course in New England. I'll say a prayer that spring shows up soon. Carol

A New England Life said...

Here's hoping you don't have to shoot snow shots from the docks to many more times! Dog and I is a pretty cool boat.

Lorac said...

Glad you braved the cold to show us this little beauty! Here's hoping the Met calls soon!

dAwN said...

See you at the MET! :)

Roy said...

Dont know about the MET Steve, but I think the Louvre would be interested.

Mike Simmons said...

Nice shots Steve! I like the color of the Dog & I. It really pops in the overcast weather. I really like that last reflection shot too!

Eve said...

Beautiful boat...beautiful colors and yes I agree!! Off to the MET with ya!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails