Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bird Yoga

I've changed my tune a bit with Ring-billed Gulls. Prior to living on Cape Ann, Ring-bills were a bit of a trash bird. It seemed that they are always hanging out in big parking lots. Here it is a bit of a different story. Ring-billed gulls are more of a winter bird for us and they have such a mild nature compared the the boisterous Herring Gulls. They seem to be a bit more laid-back. Below are a winter adult and a second year bird practicing yoga in the sand.

Ring-billed Gull-March 07, 2011-09-29-05--012-1Ring-billed Gull-March 07, 2011-09-30-04--020-2Ring-billed Gull-March 07, 2011-09-37-09--032-1

In my last photo here, this Ring-bill is preening feathers. He's going through a serious molt as shown by the new feathers erupting. Yes, that has to itch.

Visit Camera Critters for more photos from the animal kingdom.

9 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Great title for a perfect post!

Wildlife Photography and Fine art Prints by Uwe Skrzypczak said...

Yoga in the sand - perfect title!
Thanks for the post.

Robin said...

Steve, wonderful shots!

A New England Life said...

I like bird yoga! If only I were that flexible!

Kerri said...

Oh, this is wonderful Steve! Super shots!

Crafty Green Poet said...

excellent photos

Admin said...

funny and beautiful - made my morning! thanks!

Frank said...

Masterful shots. I think I'll stick to standing on both feet.

john said...

great shots. Love your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails