Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sea Smoke

It was nasty cold Monday morning with temperatures at –5F. This is the coldest that it has been since I returned back to the Atlantic North East. When the temperature drops into the single digits, the sea smoke rises from the surface as a bitter wind from the west wafts the mist easterly.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

I had a couple of extra minutes during breakfast to play. Below is a ten second exposure of Ten Pound Island with Dogbar Breakwater in the background.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

6 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

These shots are thrilling, Steve. I can almost feel the chill and smell the smoky sea fog. Thank you thank you thank you.

Carol Mattingly said...

I love seeing the sea smoke. So cool. But your second image is absolutely stunning! Carol

texwisgirl said...

GORGEOUS!!! Cold but gorgeous!!!

Roy said...

Outstanding images Steve.
Both equally good in their own right.

Kerri said...

Superb!

Debbie Smith said...

Love, love, love, love the picture of the lighthouse!
Did I mention I Love the picture of the lighthouse!
Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails