Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Morning Dory

We got hammered again by 8-10 inches of snow again yesterday. When I was having my breakfast, I heard the familiar “clunk-chunk, clunk-chunk, clunk-chunk” of oars striking the pins of a dory. We shouldn’t forget that the dory was built for working in all kinds of weather. In Gloucester, a common piece of dory gear was a conch shell that could be blown as a signal horn should a dory get lost from the mother ship in heavy weather.

©2011 ShootingMyUniverse

4 comments:

Jane said...

Rather him than me, looks a little wet and cold, nice shot though:)

texwisgirl said...

Very nice!

Southshoreandbeyond said...

This is a great photo. It sums up the tenacity of the Gloucester fisherman. Wicked cold weather and some snow isn't slowing him down, he's getting on that boat and doing some fishing! Great shot.

Johnny Nutcase said...

something about this picture that I love...i would NOT wanna be that guy though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails