Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eastern Point in the Fog

It was warm Sunday. Foggy too. This can be a good chance to get some soft light photos so I went out to Eastern Point to take a walk out on the breakwater, mainly because it wasn’t frigid and the wind was calm. Why not go out and shoot some Purple Sandpipers?

As I walked out Eastern Point light disappeared into the fog. There were some fifty birds on the breakwater, but they were not very receptive. Usually I can approach them easily, but the seemed to be a little on edge. Then the rain came in.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

Looking back down the breakwater, I could see Eastern point emerge as the fog thinned out from the rain.©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

8 comments:

Chris said...

Wow and I'm complaining about the light over here ;-) Well despite the fog, your purple sandpiper picture is very nice, and the two others have a beautiful atmosphere (a bit cold thought)...

forestal said...

wonderful photos Steve - happy New Year!

dan

texwisgirl said...

The sandpiper is beautiful! The fog is very thick at your shore!

Youth_in_Asia said...

beautiful fog shots. The bird is spectacular as well.

Greyscale Territory said...

A very beautiful mystery in these photos! And the sandpiper's feathers are gloriously defined with still an essence of fog in the background!

Valerie said...

Just gorgeous! I think I appreciate your photography so much - first because of it's excellence - but secondly because I am so intrigued with the ocean front. We honeymooned in Ogunquit Maine (beautiful!) and we also lived in Virginia Beach for three years - and I just loved the ocean front. Of course all we have here is the Lake front of Lake Erie in downtown Buffalo - I guess I get carried away with dreams when I see the beautiful places you capture!

VALKYRIEN said...

Wonderful shots of the fog! Me like! :)

Johnny Nutcase said...

Holy fog! I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails