Monday, December 20, 2010

Carmel By the Sea

Monterey Cypress is a species of cypress that is endemic to the Central Coast of California. In the wild, the species is confined to two small populations, near Monterey and Carmel, California. The surviving trees from this forest are as old as 2000 years.

IMG_0016

IMG_0018

Walking along the coast in Carmel by the Sea, we found a nice little bungalow that would be suitable for a second home on the left coast. It was listed for only $3,999,995. Trees for me and the ocean for the Mrs. Yes, that would work just fine. Now where did I put that Powerball ticket?

6 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Oh Steve, are you trying to make me long for the west coast. I took the trip of a lifetime to Carmel and Monterey. It's a fantastic. Please please post more images.

texwisgirl said...

Ha ha! May your dreams come true!

Roy said...

Yes Steve and you just need to put some lights over that tree and you will be OK for Christmas.{:)

Kay said...

Carmel is such a pretty place. Have been through there once I think.

Kay

Eve said...

Just beautiful!

Nature ID (Katie) said...

Seriously, were you here recently? I have a nice little realty flyer for a house in neighboring Pacific Grove (where I live) for "only" $12,950,000. We like to show it to folks who visit our tiny home in order to help explain why we can't offer better, more hospitable guest quarters for their holiday accommodations. Despite the housing prices, I love living in this area. It'll take me about 2000 years before I can buy a house on the street you pictured... which, btw, is very stinky for much of the year due to the beached kelp - notice there aren't lovely big porches for people to enjoy the view outside?

Related Posts with Thumbnails