Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Williamsville Covered Bridge

With the help of my brother, John I’m going to take you to Williamsville, Vermont to check out the new covered bridge. On the left is the old structure and on the right is the new. John lives out in that area and loaned me these shots of the bridge before construction and during construction.

Williamsville Cov Brdg - old (7)-1Williamsville Cov Brdg (11)-1Williamsville Cov Brdg - old-1Williamsville Cov Brdg (8)-1

John had suggested that I get out there to check it out for myself which is exactly what I did on my last trip out. This was right after the rain storm so the Rock River was a bit swollen. But I was able to scamper around and get some shots.

The road was closed on or about July 5th and was reopened in late August.©2010 ShootingMyUniverse ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

Visit Watery Wednesday

6 comments:

Chris said...

Wow how cool. This new bridge is beautiful and i did not know they could change it totally like this. That's incredible...

Roy said...

Well that should last a while now Steve.

Shirley said...

It is a lovely bridge! Thanks again for sharing your photographic journeys. I love the covered bridges!

Sherri @ Design2Shine said...

Beautiful! Love the last shot. Covered bridges are such beauties.

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are great. You know, I have never been through a covered bridge.
:-(

matthew houskeeper said...

I'm not familiar with Williamsville. I need to break out the map and see where it is located.

Related Posts with Thumbnails