Tuesday, September 28, 2010

West Dummerston Covered Bridge

On my daytrip to Vermont last Saturday, I swung over to Dummerston to see how the colors were progressing along the river. This is a very photogenic bridge and offers lots of possibilities. We have had a very dry summer in New England, so the water level was very low. There was some calm water that gave me the opportunity to play with some reflections.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

Are you getting a feeling of déjà vu all over again? I did a photo study of the West Dummerston bridge last year. This year the colors were a little further along, but not nearly at their peak.

Visit Watery Wednesday

11 comments:

Robin said...

Cool bridge!
Very nice shots

Tammie Lee said...

Bridges are so appealing and the last reflection is a watery delight.

Judy said...

I love the second reflection! So cool!!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great shots as usual. That last one of the reflections and rippling water is awesome.

Denise said...

Absolutely lovely Steve, those reflections are really impressive.

eileeninmd said...

Great shots, Steve! Love the bridge and the reflections.

J Bar said...

Beautiful shots.

ewok1993 said...

this is my fave post this week. thanks for sharing the covered bridge and the reflections.

chubskulit said...

Great reflection!

My water Wednesday post

A Garden of Threads said...

Stunning photos, the reflection reminds me of a monet watercolor. Take care.

Johnny Nutcase said...

i'm pretty fond of that bridge reflection!

Related Posts with Thumbnails