Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sanderlings

I love shooting Sanderlings. There are frisky, almost approachable and very challenging with their black-and-white plumage. They run back and forth with the waves and are great sports in that they sometimes will approach me when I plant myself.

Saturday, Becky and I took a walk on Cranes Beach. She knows that I get twitchy when I see shorebirds so she gave me a few moments to take some snaps. After about 20 frames, I caught up with her and we finished our walk.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

Visit Watery Wednesday

11 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful shots! I get twitchy when I see the shorebirds too!

J Bar said...

Good captures.

Lesley said...

These do look adorable little guys!

dAwN said...

Super Sanderlings in sand Shots!
say that a few times fast.

bunnits said...

My favorite little shorebirds. I can never get a good shot of them, so thanks so much for yours.

Greyscale Territory said...

Love the distibctive patterns on these birds! They look wonderful in these photos!

Sanna said...

Beautiful birds and good shots!

Kelly said...

...I love these cute little birds too. They define sweet!! Beautiful snaps!

Eve said...

You did a beautiful job...and they are so cute!!!

Roy said...

Great job Steve. They are certainly my favourite wader.

The Early Birder said...

Not sure how I missed this post Steve. Super little 'clockwork' wader. Cheers FAB.

Related Posts with Thumbnails