Sunday, September 26, 2010

The colors of my youth

When I think of the autumn colors of my younger days, I see vibrant colors, brooks, and back roads. After moving out of New England and living out west, I though I would never see the colors as I pictured them again.

California goes from green to brown, Colorado has some bands of bright yellow aspen in the mountains and the colors of coastal Massachusetts still do not match my memory. Or is it just my imagination?

Last year I went up about two weeks too early and then I didn’t make it back. This year, I decided to go back two weeks later and see. Southern Vermont hasn’t peaked in color yet, however I didn’t want to miss a good weather opportunity. We could get a storm next week and I could be stuck wondering for another year.

DSC_0030 DSC_0074 DSC_0076

Well, stick around for the next couple of days. You ain’t seen nothing yet.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh, really LOVELY!

Roy said...

Stunning images Steve.

A New England Life said...

There's nothing like a country road littered with fall leaves and colorful leaves. I just love it!

It's too bad we didn't have more rain this summer though, as the colors would certainly be a bit brighter. Still, it's just gorgeous.

Al said...

Beautiful photographs, I'm looking forward to seeing more. I remember the New England fall colors being spectacular. Now I live in Colorado, and we get our golden aspen, but not much else. In fact I just posted some aspen photos.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Autumn in New England. Nothing compares! Thanks so much!

The Early Birder said...

Fabulous colours. One day we'll make the effort to see this in person. FAB.

Shirley said...

I love the photo of the lane with trees on either side. Fall is so beautiful. I look forward to more.

VALKYRIEN said...

Autumn is my favourite season, even though it means soon winter. The colors are so bright and the air so crisp - excactly like these photos! I will surely stick around to see more!

Jen said...

Gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails