Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Catching my Breath

I’ve got a simple post, kind of like going back to my roots, bird photography. While down at Eastern Point Saturday, I spent a few minutes shooting some Semipalmated Sandpipers. I missed shooting some of my favorites this year. Peeps and Least Terns are included on the list so the opportunity to just kick back and relax, get into the zone and shoot some plovers was a welcome diversion.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

While sitting on a rock in the tidal zone, I had a little welcome company stop by. A Morning Dove landed about 10 feet away. This is not typical of the shy Morning Dove.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

It walked around putting me between it and the sun. It just relaxed on a rock and really didn’t pay much attention to me. Occasionally, it looked over its shoulder and strike this great pose.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

4 comments:

Robin said...

Great shots! You're right, unusual to see a Dove that close!

Roy said...

Yes a great pose Steve. Its time now we started concentrating on the autumn and winter birds and you are leading the way.

The Early Birder said...

Nice to see this little Wader and a great pose from the Dove. More shorebirds on their way to you soon I guess. FAB.

Petra said...

What beautiful photos! My favourite is the last one of the dove. The wonderful colours of it's plumage echoed in the rocks. And that coy look on it's face... so sweet. Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails