Saturday, September 25, 2010

Brattleboro Creamery Bridge

I was a little unsettled the last time I was in Brattleboro driving across Rt9 to Bennington. There was a big bridge construction project going on next to the Creamery Bridge. Worried that it would disturb the scenery to the point where it would be difficult to shoot the bridge, I feared for the worst. Yet, when I drove past last weekend, the construction was done, the traffic was diverted off of the bridge and it really doesn’t cause any difficulties for us shutterbugs.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

In fact, it has actually made it a little more accessible. I’m happy to say that one can stroll any part of the bridge without the constant traffic. Also this bridge sports a slate shingle roof testifying that it is still strong enough to take the load. The new bridge that handles the traffic has a walkway providing a great vantage point to shoot this wonderful bridge.

Scenic Sunday

9 comments:

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Shirley said...

I just love covered bridges and this is a beauty.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Beautiful bridge and so well shot.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Roy said...

Now that bridge is in really good condition Steve.

Kay said...

Covered bridges are so cool.

matthew houskeeper said...

I passed this bridge over the summer along Rte 9. Unfortunately, they were doing some work on it and it wasn't very photogenic. Glad to see them maintaining it though.

Greyscale Territory said...

This bridge has such an intriguing style! It almost seems begging for a story to be created around it! Great photos!

eileeninmd said...

Great shots, Steve! I love the covered bridges. It is neat that this one has a walkway.

a whole lotta love said...

This bridge is right down the street from me :) I'm so glad the other bridge is finished! It it sad that it can't be a working road bridge anymore, but like you said, its nice that you can now walk across it! Also, I used to live in Rockport... love that area. Nice blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails