Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back in the water!

The Harvey Gamage has been in the shipyard for several weeks. ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

It is now back afloat and docked at the Maritime Heritage Center in Downtown Gloucester. Here is the Harvey Gamage looking spiffy with a new coat of paint and repairs.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

In this shot of the stern you can see the planks that make up the skin.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

But work is not done just yet. Here are some blocks that have been oiled and are hanging to dry. The blue tags list out where the belongs in the grand scheme of the rigging.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

7 comments:

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Nice photos and great incite into all that goes into these lovely vessels. Most of us have no idea.

Darryl and Ruth : )

bunnits said...

Ahhhh.

Wilma said...

The freshly oiled blocks look good to go now. That is a fine looking boat shown to great advantage in your photos!

Lorac said...

Always a pleasure to view your photos!

Chris Petrak said...

Such crisp and well composed photos - always a treat.

ksdoolittle said...

Such a beautiful boat, and what perfect pictures. I especially like the last one, of the blocks hanging to dry. That's art. ~karen

Hundewanderer said...

I've been away a while - Alaska, California, Arizona, Colorado... I went home for one day and retrieved my bookmarks from my desktop Mac and put them on my MacBookPro. I've missed your lovely photos! Thank you for sharing your world with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails