Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wetzlar Germany

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse My apologies for not making many visits to other’s blogs during the past work week, I have been away on business travel.

My adventures took me to Wetzlar, Germany to visit two of my suppliers in the area. I returned last night at 4:00 PM. I’m a bit jet-lagged and woke up this morning at 3:00 AM.

Wetzlar lies in the Lahn-Dill area in Middle Hesse on the river Lahn, not far downstream from its change in direction from south to west in the heights near the mouth of the river Dill.

I was fortunate enough to have a hotel room in the Old Town, and after business, we were able to walk around the and see all the old buildings and  cobblestone paved streets.

I will be post some more pictures in the near future and perhaps tell you about Licher Pilz.


My hotel©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

The old Lahnbridge and the Old Town©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

Okay, now I have to figure out if it is time for breakfast or dinner.

Scenic Sunday

4 comments:

Janneke said...

Beautiful place, I was there a view years ago ;o)
great shots!

Mike Simmons said...

Nice shots Steve. The last one of the bridge and old town is really nice.

Carol Mattingly said...

From the looks of things I'm guessing you had a ball checking out Old Town. It looks fabulous. There's so much character in those old buildings. Carol

Valerie said...

perhaps the jet lag is calmed down a bit now - love the last scene with the bridge.

I know my great grandmother was born in Berlin - and every time I see photos of Germany I want to visit.

Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails