Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eine kleine Nachtpost

A quick little post before I retire tonight. Just because I didn’t set up a post for this morning.

Sometimes I see the damsels and spreadwings and fell inspired to take the shot. I think, “Ah, this should be easy to identify.” But when I get home, I begin to feel that life is too short to parse out damselflies. This is such a magnificent creature that I feel I must at least spend the time. I’m calling this a Slender Spreadwing.   ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

7 comments:

Rusty said...

What a beautiful shot! Those colors....

Kelly said...

...it's beautiful...almost looks crystalline.

ksdoolittle said...

Oh, he's a beauty! We have these way up here, but I've yet to knowingly come across one. They're a pretty good size! I'll have to pay closer attention! ~karen

Valerie@composition-life said...

How 'bout "the bulging blue eyed"
Such a great shot!

Eve said...

Sometimes it take a lot of work to ID these guys Steve but your pictures sure do help!! Beautiful!

KaHolly said...

Steve, sometimes we have to give ourselves permission! ~karen

The Early Birder said...

Pretty little thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails