Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bienvenido, Bienvenue, Wilkommen, Welcome!

We got off the boat just as soon as the Maasdam was cleared by Canadian authorities. It must have been about 7:30 in the morning when we got out to explore Quebec City. This was long before the (other) tourists came out. We just about had the streets to ourselves!©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse Quebec reconstructed the buildings from the 17th and 18th century. The lovely downtown is just one picturesque scene after another. Wonderful churches, shops and flower boxes brightened the landscape.©2010 ShootingMyUniverse©2010 ShootingMyUniverse ©2010 ShootingMyUniverse The colors, flags and lighting were just breathtaking. This was our welcome to Quebec. If I only had the first three hours to walk around and take pictures, I would have been happy. But it just kept getting better. We walked up towards the Chateau and stopped in to a little bistro and had breakfast. I had maple crepes. Oh, they were so good.

I hope you are enjoying the pictures from Canada. Click the Canada tag to see the earlier posts that you may have missed.

Scenic Sunday

10 comments:

Ocean Girl said...

Sunshine beautiful.

I didn't realise that Quebec could look old Europe. It was a pleasure. Thank you.

hip chick said...

Wow! I wasn't aware of how quaint Quebec was. I have really enjoyed your little tour.

Carolyn Ford said...

...and you got some fabulous street scenes shots. Wow! What a photogenic city!

Roy said...

A lot of interesting architecture Steve.

Carol Mattingly said...

I've been watching as you vacation up north and it has all been so wonderful. I love the old buildings and the awnings and flags. Everything is gorgeous. Carol

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed all the photos from your cruise adventure. They have made us want to take the same cruise next June. I am not sure we can one from out of NY that takes us to Quebec but I'll keep looking. We were married 45 years ago and spent a wonderful 10 days in Montreal and Quebec City. Your photos have brought back many memories. Love your blog.

noel said...

aloha,

yes that is a a great views, i love the old town in Quebec, thanks for sharing your area...

my scenic view is on my plant fanatic site.

Lesley said...

I do believe Quebec City is the most architecturally beautiful city in Canada. It has been a long time since I was last there, you have whetted my appetite fort a return visit!
(And how wonderful to have that early morning time that is perfect for photographing.)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That is the best time to walk around, when no one else is there. :) Those crepes sound divine!!

ksdoolittle said...

I SO enjoyed these photos! I've never had the pleasure of going to Quebec City and can see from these shots I've really missed out! Beautiful place. Many here in Nova Scotia comment on how inhospitable the people in Quebec are. Did you find this true as a guest in the city? ~karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails