Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Kitchen of the Maasdam

We had an opportunity to take a tour of the Maasdam's kitchen. I used to be a cook for my fraternity. I had 25 guys to feed and I had to get it right. That isn’t anything compared what these folks go through. They have 1300 people to keep happy.

IMG_0061

The Ice Cream Chef.

IMG_0064

One of the many cooking stations. Mmmmm, smells good!

IMG_0069

A medieval torture chamber?

IMG_0067-1

No! It’s the man that does the ice sculptures!

IMG_0071

Oh, yeah, it’s all good.

IMG_0076

I’ll be calling down for some of this!

IMG_0078

The dough boys!

IMG_0080The Maasdam’s food was excellent. We had many a delightful dinners. The real test is feeding seafood to a Gloucesterman and beef to a Coloradan. Yup, they passed with flying colors. I’d go back!

IMG_0098

Here is the ice sculpture that was being carved.

7 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

Simply an awesome series of photos! That ice sculpture is a little bit of magic! I wonder how long it will last!

Eve said...

That is some place to work Steve. They all look pretty happy and the food looks great!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

That must have been a remarkable tour, Steve. How fortunate that you got to do that. Yum! Think I'm hungry...

KaHolly said...

Ohhhh, yum! It's nice to see people enjoying the fine art of cooking. It's not my favorite thing!! ~karen

Arija said...

They look like a great and happy team. A great kitchen that seems to work like clock work. When cooking for a large number of people for any length of time, a good working kitchen is essential although it is possible with just a campfire and a few camp ovens.
Glad you had a gourmet's delight of a journey.

Chris said...

Oh wow that's a awesome set of pictures of life moment Steve! I guess you enjoyed it mate ;-)

The Early Birder said...

Ha...just bigger quantities and bigger tools..Lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails