Sunday, June 20, 2010

Halifax, NS!

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

We had a port of call at Halifax, NS. As we sailed into port, we passed this light on the jetty at the mouth of the harbor.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

When we docked at the cruise terminal, they rolled out the red carpet for Becky and me. Perhaps the cabin steward found out that we live by an island with a little light house and schooners, so they made sure that there was a lighthouse and a schooner outside our stateroom!

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

The brig Roald Amundson

Well, they did the best that they could, this is not a lighthouse, but a range light and the square rigger is two-masted, but is isn’t a true Gloucester schooner.  But we left a good tip anyway.  Stay tuned, I will talk about range lights in an upcoming post.

We did not spend a lot of time in Halifax proper since we had an excursion to Mahone Bay and Lunenburg. We did manage drive up to the Citadel for a few snaps. Unfortunately, time we did not have the time to enter and tour the fortification.  

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

Just as a note, Shooting My Universe just had it’s second birthday with my first real post on June 15, 2008.  When I first started out, I wondered if anyone would really pay attention.  I felt like the classical station DJ at 3:00 AM wondering if anyone is really out there.  Today I’m just a handful short of 100,000 hits.

Scenic Sunday

9 comments:

Mike Simmons said...

Nice shots around Halifax, Steve! It's a beautiful place I'd like to visit someday. Congratulations on your second anniversary! Keep up the great work!

Carol Mattingly said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I don't known that I'll ever get to 100,000 but that's not really what I'm aiming for. Have a great rest of your trip Steve. Carol

Marianne said...

Congratulations, Steve. As a desert dweller I really appreciate your wonderful photos of a totally different environment. I'm trying to get up the nerve to start my own blog...soon.

Cindy said...

Great shots and information. Wow almost 100,000! Congratulations on your second anniversary! Let there be many years more.

hip chick said...

I didn't realize you were going so far up the coast. I have never been to Sidney but used to travel NS quite often. It will be fun to see if you end up photographing any of the places I have been to.

Eve said...

Beautiful photos Steve. I look forward to your third year of Shooting your Universe...I'm so glad we were out here to keep you going!!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

I've always wanted to go there. Thanks for the tour that I'll never see, thanks for the pics I'll never take, thanks for sharing it all with us.

Frank said...

Hi Steve I'm still here.I still love your blog but don't comment as much because of the lack of time.I would love to see some Lunenburg shots.We haven't been in a couple of years.Maybe in September, Who knows? Happy Birthday to your blog and keep the good stuff comming.Hope to see you soon. Maybe Fiesta.

Mary said...

Steve, Congrats on reaching your second year! Your images are always wonderful, and it is a delight to come here and see another world, far removed from my every day scenes. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails