Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fog

After a pleasant night’s sail north from Boston, our first port of call was Bar Harbor, Maine.  This is a very beautiful area of the east coast, and although we were battling fog and light rain, it was still breathtaking.  Out side our veranda were the Porcupine Islands in Frenchman Bay where we were anchored.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

The fog palled all in its path, sometime leaving only a glimpse of top as it filled bay and dale with a its grays and blues only later to move off to seek another feature to obscure. Fog knows only the bounds of the water and land and will drift along, sometimes billowing, sometimes still, always teasing you into thinking you what is just beyond what it lets you view.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

When it does move off it leaves dampness behind as if it were a snail. Fog is nothing to worry about. Fog is just a cloud that that forgot how to fly.

©2010 ShootingMyUniverse

All fog must eventually lift.

12 comments:

hip chick said...

I love Bar Harbor and I love fog. You are in for some nice weather up there over the weekend. Have fun.

Denise said...

I have great memories of being out on a misty morning surrounded by fog. The quietness of it is a great way to get in touch with your surroundings, even if you can't see them ;) Fabulous photos as always. If you are still away, happy traveling. If you are back, welcome home!

An English Girl Rambles

Eve said...

I'm just catching up Steve...glad to get "on board" before you got into it further. Wow I can't wait to see more. The fog is beautiful...just not for driving. Love Maine, as you know, can't wait to see the St. Lawrence. You didn't go down as far as my old stompping ground but I look forward to your photos!

Roy said...

That first shot in particular Steve is a stunner.

grammie g said...

There is no other place like Maine!!! Lived here all my life and nerver get tired of the beauty from mountains to the ocean!! Hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Steve Borichevsky said...

You are right, Grammie G, Maine is beautiful.

Thanks Roy, That is one of the tender boats for our cruise ship.

Hi Eve, No, I didn't make it down that far. But I did talk to some folks that came thought there on the Lake Shore Express train that runs between Chicago and Boston.

Hi Hip Chick and Denise, we are home now. Stay tuned, there are more boats, lighthouses and lobsters, and a few surprises. Just what one would expect from SMU!

Carol said...

These are beautiful misty, foggy shots,Steve. The first shot pops with the red topped boat in the foreground. You also captured a neat reflection and a bit of sparkle on the water. I so love photos with the ocean, alas I am landlocked in Ohio....

Tabib said...

That 1st shot can win award.
I wonder what lens was used, and surprise that you migrated to Kwanon! ;)

Al said...

That first photo is simply fabulous!

TonyC said...

Great shots Steve. I particularly like no 2, very ethereal.

Carol Mattingly said...

Gorgeous photos of the fog. I love fog and how it drapes and shrouds. Carol

A New England Life said...

A cloud that forgot how to fly, can't say I've heard that before.

It's been years since I've been to Bar Harbor. Beautiful area, fog or no fog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails