Monday, May 3, 2010

Mink!

I’m almost embarrassed to show these photos, but I’m rather excited that I saw a mink! (A life critter) I was walking in the Parker River Audubon property in Topsfield when I saw this critter carrying a mouse.  I though the weasel was quick!  I didn’t have time to focus on the shot.
Mink 5-1-2010 8-49-39 AM
Then just to taunt me further, twenty minutes, he ran by me again!
Mink 5-1-2010 9-02-53 AM
This has been a great spring for critters.  I’ve seen an Otter, a Shorttail Weasel and a mink!

6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

WOW!! What a great experience Steve!!

grammie g said...

There is no grass growing under his feet!! There must be somebody at home hungry!! I have seen them at the river near me they are quick!!

Jane said...

I would love to see one of those, great captures Steve:)

Kelly said...

...you're so lucky! I saw one years ago. I'd love to see another one.

Roy said...

Not nice animals Steve, they were released by brainless protesters in this country from mink farms, now they are killing off indigenous species like the Water Vole.

Ginnymo said...

That is so neat!! The only Mink I ever have seen was inside cages. Great that you got to see this one Steve!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails