Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Tug Independence.

I remember the first time I saw this tug come through the front yard.  A big boat.  This is the offshore support vessel, Independence. It is a 119.5 foot, steel hull tug built in 2009. It will do 13 knots minimum at full speed.  IMG_0001-1

Its deck crane can lift 10 tons.

IMG_0005-1

It sport two Fi-Fi water cannons.

IMG_0007

The Independence functions as an offshore support vessel based in Gloucester, Massachusetts and under long term contract with Neptune LNG, an affiliate of Suez LNG North America.

You know you want a ride.

6 comments:

hip chick said...

It's awesome

Denise said...

You have captured her well. She's a beautiful tug boat.

Stacey Dawn said...

I think tug boats are pretty amazing. They have always fascinated me a they tug barge's through the Puget Sound.

Johnny Nutcase said...

that's a pretty gnarly looking boat!

Chris said...

Definitively Yes I want to ride it ;-) This is an impressive boat!!! I used to go on bigger though as Scientific boat are usually quite big... Well except here in Iceland ;-)

Allen Smith said...

I’ve been browsing on-line much more than three hours as of late, nevertheless I don’t ever discovered any appealing posting like your site. It’s fairly worth adequate for me. In my opinion, if most of web site owners and folks produced great content material material as you do, the web will probably be a lot way more useful than ever before.
head lice treatment

Related Posts with Thumbnails