Monday, April 26, 2010

Shorttail Weasel

I can count on one hand the number to time I’ve seen weasels in the wild. Each time has been memorable. I’ve seen two Longtail Weasels in Colorado. This is my first Shortail Weasel. I saw him taking a late Sunday afternoon walk in Dogtown. I watched him for about five minutes as he scampered around the brambles and a long a stone wall.

Shorttail Weasel 4-25-2010 2-51-52 PM

I only got two shots off. I had to take the lens out of autofocus mode and focus the shots manually. It was much easier to do in the good old days with manual lenses and cameras. The manual focus rings on these autofocus lenses are rather course. However for shooting through the brambles, between sticks and twigs, it was the only way to document my weasel.

Shorttail Weasel 4-25-2010 2-51-52 PM 0002



Tonight!

DSC_0001-2

MONDAY, APRIL 26 @ 7:30PM Cape Ann Community Cinema, 21 Main Street in Gloucester

Join us for the fourth “G-GAP” (Gloucester Guerilla Art Project) as we present on our screen the work of the following wicked talented folks:

DAVID COX – back shore surf pictures set to Willie “Loco” Alexander’s song “Bass Rocks”

JAY ALBERT – A “St. Peter & Mother Nature” photo show, featuring the song “The Sunset” by Stephan Carroll, written especially for G-GAP

STEVE BORICHEVSKY – A breathtaking “Gloucester: Land, Sea & Air” photo show

EMILE DOUCETTE – Three short films: “Hold” (a 2009 48-Hour Film competition entry featuring the voice of comedian Jonathan Katz); “Pallino” (a 2010 24-Hour Film competition entry); “Homemade Parade” (about the Lanesville 4th Of July Parade and made for the 5-Day Doc Challenge in which “The Greasy Pole” also competed)

Cover’s just $7.00, and we give money from every ticket sold to the effort to repair Gloucester High School’s Newell Stadium. It’s a fun, all-local night out, and we hope you’ll join us and be a part of it!

10 comments:

Chris said...

wow that's a cool encounter. I've seen it only once in my life!!! The second picture is very ncie... well done!

A New England Life said...

And what a cute little weasel it is! They must move like lightening though. I'd say you were lucky to capture it with two pretty good shots.

Have a good Monday, Steve! Back to the grind.

Roy said...

Weasels and stoats, they are never easy at the best of times Steve, but you caught him OK.

Kelly said...

...oh what a cutie!! I've only seen one once...and he was from a distance. Great shots...love the eyes!!

Ginnymo said...

What a cute little fella!! I have never seen one. They are adorable. Love their eyes. Great photos!

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Great shots of an elusive little critter.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Mike Simmons said...

I really like the second shot, Steve!

Rusty said...

Love that photo! I remember one day very long ago watchig the antics of five very young weasels. They kept literally 'popping' up all over the place. ATB! Rusty

Kerri said...

I've never seen one before ~ neat shots!!

cindyzlogic said...

Wonderful capture, Steve! Cute face on that critter :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails