Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shang-high!

This is the World Financial Center in Shanghai, the tall one, as viewed from my hotel window. It has the world's highest observation deck. On our Saturday off, we took a sight-seeing trip.

The top floors were in the clouds when we arrived.


The World Financial Center is noted in the Guinnesss Book of World Records.


Well, here we are, up in the clouds. That is me, the one on the left who looks like he is jet-lagged beyound belief. 500M up, that's better than 1500 feet.

The big blue guy in the middle is Haibo. He's the 2010 Shanghai World Expo mascot. He is seen all over town.

5 comments:

The Early Birder said...

Heady heights Steve. What would they do without concrete, steel and glass!

The Write Girl said...

Fabulous photos...what an amazingly tall and massive building. Wow!!

LadyFi said...

An amazing urban skyline!

Eve said...

Whoa!! Way too high for me Steve! Great photo of the cloud topped building.

VioletSky said...

I rather like the monochromatic look of the skyline. And the skyscraper is a bit high for me (the CN Tower was a bit high for me)

Related Posts with Thumbnails