Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Black-capped Chickadee

I stopped by work Saturday to see if I could find some of those birds that thumb their noses at me during the work week.  They know that I have to work and cannot take pictures when I’m on the clock.  When I arrived I found a pair of Black-capped Chickadees cleaning out a nest in a snag, right out side of my office!

Black-capped Chickadee 4-24-2010 9-46-42 AM

They were busy working on their new nest sight and allowed me to get in fairly close.

Black-capped Chickadee 4-24-2010 9-38-02 AM

This shot is a little blown out, but I wanted you to see his beautiful brown iris.   Black-capped Chickadee 4-24-2010 9-48-22 AM

Last night, when I left for home I could hear a Northern Cardinal whistling right out side my office.  I found him right outside my office window. There is no winning with birds at work!

7 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Steve,
Ouah, what a chance to get these nice observation and pictures. The first one is very funny and it looks like it posed for you on the two last ones! Splendid!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Awesome moment! How fortunate for you! Great shots, too. Stellar day!

Tabib said...

Beautiful Head & Shoulder shot. Yes that brown eye!

Roy said...

Just great Steve, particularly the last one.

Johnny Nutcase said...

aw man, no photos at work? bummer! But these are great- they look awfully cute with their nest preparation !

Denise said...

What a cute little chickadee, great close-ups.

cindyzlogic said...

Great post & photog, Steve! I love Chickadees!

Related Posts with Thumbnails