Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hot Pot!

My buddy Mike arrived a day before I did and had Hot Pot. For three days, he was just jonesing for Hot Pot. Finally, we got him his fix. Through this door was a great dining experience.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


First we had a look at the menu. What is "Wild Wuji bacteria pot???" Actually, it is a mis-translation. My local colleague said the characters said something like Wild Black Chicken. I ordered the mushroom broth. The idea is that you order the base broth which comes in your own boiling pot. Then you order meats, fish and vegetables to boil in the soup. YUM!

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


We'll let our local team order the stuff.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


The next step is to get your condiments. My colleague from India knows what he's doing!
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


Here is what I started with. Cilantro and green onion. A spice blend and a chile mixture.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


Oh yeah, thinly sliced lamb, pork and beef. There were also absolutely wonderful vegetable greens which I have no clue what they were, but they were oh so good.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


What is this? Flounder? You dare serve a Gloucesterman fish? Let me tell you, this fish was absolutely spectacular. They filleted flounder and placed the head and tail in the ice and thinly sliced the fillet. Fifteen seconds in the boiling soup and then I was in Heaven.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


Then they brough out another fresh water fish. Same presentation.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


The food kept coming and coming. Vegtables, prawns, mushrooms, pork balls...

7 comments:

Roy said...

So how do you plan to get the extra weight now then Steve.{:))

The Early Birder said...

I guess eating Gloucester fish will never seem the same after that extravaganzer!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

A fabulously unique experience - wow! Thanks for sharing!

Johnny Nutcase said...

Lotsa grub! I had a hard time with the food in China when I was there. I ended up eating what was apparently a non-edible hot pepper at one point and wondered if i was dying. Possibly the most pain I have ever been in....

Tabib said...

I hope it a harmless bacteria! ;)

Kathy said...

Fish fondue!

Steffe said...

Wow, I'm getting hungry now which is weird as I ate dinner just a few minutes ago!

Related Posts with Thumbnails