Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Boom Like That.

What the hell have we done?















Screw this, stick around, I'll take you out for some real food. Mark Knopfler - Boom, Like That




Lyrics: Boom Like That



i'm going to san bernardino


ring-a-ding-ding


milkshake mixers


that's my thing, now


these guys bought


a heap of my stuff


and i gotta see a good thing


sure enough, now


or my name's not kroc


that's kroc with a 'k'


like 'crocodile'


but not spelled that way, yeah


it's dog eat dog


rat eat rat


kroc-style


boom, like that






the folks line up


all down the street


and i'm seeing this girl


devour her meat, now


and then i get it, wham


as clear as day


my pulse begins to hammer


and i hear a voice say:


these boys have


got this down


oughtta be a one of these


in every town


these boys have


got the touch


it's clean as a whistle


and it don't cost much


wham, bam


you don't wait long


shake, fries


patty, you're gone


and how about that


friendly name?


heck, every little thing


oughtta stay the same


or my name's not kroc


that's kroc with a 'k'


like 'crocodile'


but not spelled that way, now


it's dog eat dog


rat eat rat


kroc-style


boom, like that






you gentlemen


ought to expand


you're going to need


a helping hand, now


so, gentlemen


well, what about me?


we'll make a little


business history, now


or my name's not kroc


call me ray


like 'crocodile'


but not spelled that way, now


it's dog eat dog


rat eat rat


kroc-style


boom, like that






well we build it up


and i buy 'em out


but, man they made me


grind it out, now


they open up a new place


flipping meat


so i do, too


right across the street


i got the name


i need the town


they sell up in the end


and it all shuts down


sometimes you gotta


be an s.o.b.


you wanna make a dream


reality


competition?


send 'em south


if they're gonna drown


put a hose in their mouth


do not pass 'go'


go straight to hell


i smell that


meat hook smell


or my name's not kroc


that's kroc with a 'k'


like 'crocodile'


but not spelled that way, now


it's dog eat dog


rat eat rat


kroc-style


boom, like that



3 comments:

matthew houskeeper said...

Gee, I'm in the mood for a McSalad Oriental.

When you have the chance, read Fast Food Nation. It's a good read, and an excellent look at the fast food industry.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

OMG. What indeed? I'll have to pick up the book Matthew suggested as well. Seeing these images kinda makes me ill, but I've seen the same thing in Europe. Makes me sad.

Johnny Nutcase said...

exactly, what the hell have we done? Love your title on this one, and i agree.

Related Posts with Thumbnails