Monday, February 22, 2010

Portsmouth Harbor Light

On our excursion to New Hampshire Saturday, we stopped Fort Constitution State Park. Portsmouth Harbor Light is located at the USCG station in Portsmouth, NH and looks across the harbor to Whaleback Light.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


The light sports a fourth order Fresnel lens that is now shrouded in green.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

I took this photo of the grounds last September on a tug boat cruise. Here you can see the walls of Fort Constitution and the keeper's house.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Steve,
The first pictures with the reflection is my favorite there, but they are all very nice and sunny pictures... I guess we all need some sun now and some warm temps too!

Jane said...

Lovely shots, and great lighting too. I love lighthouses, I like the reflections too-thanks for sharing Steve:)

Judy said...

steve, i agree with chris that the photo with the reflection is my fav!

Promoman99 said...

Love these pictures of one of my favorite places. I love the coast line in New England and have always had a love for Portsmouth. The light house is so pretty, especially in the first picture. Well done.

Roy said...

Another great photo and structure. They certainly are very well maintained Steve.

A New England Life said...

I hope you climbed up on that wall for some photos. The view up there is amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails