Friday, December 18, 2009

Forgotten Photo Friday, Willet

This is the time of week when I go deep into the shoe box full of photos and find shots that were either forgotten about and never posted or didn't get posted because they got bumped by something more timely.

This Willet was shot a year ago in California on some beach that Becky took me to and I have no idea where we went. But I do remember that later that day, I shot the Monarch Butterflies at Natural Bridges State Park. If you are new to SMU, then please visit this page. You will not be disappointed. It has just about everything cool that this blog has to offer except Gloucester.

Also this day, I shot Marbled Godwits, a Red-throated Loon and a Brown Pelican with a fish.

Since these photos are a little flawed, they didn't get posted. Now that I can step back and look at them anew, I remember having a great vacation day with my wife on the beach.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

12 comments:

Barb said...

Your flawed photos are my dreams, Steve! I'm going to visit your Monarch pics now. My husband and I went to Ocean Grove to see the over-wintering Monarchs - a wonderful experience!

Mojo said...

"Flawed" huh? Okay, I'll take your word for it. I'd have to inspect REALLY close to find it -- and I imagine most others would too.

Richard said...

Great pictures. I sure don't see any flaws.

JPT said...

Willet? Probably.
Sorry!

Jenny said...

Willet flap it's wings or not? (-: Sorry, couldn't resist Steve. I can't see much wrong, except maybe a wee bit of overexposure on the last one? The second one is perfect in my view! I always know I'm in for a photographic treat when I click on your blog Steve. Thanks.

Chris Petrak said...

Steve, You may think this strange, but when I was in Texas we saw a lot of western willets (pointed out by various guides) - so your post made me go to my guide before assuming that these were eastern willets which would have been a wrong assumption. You shot these in Calif so it is reasonable to assume they are western. However the differences are rather subtle. Anyway, you have given me something to study, and work on. thanks

Tabib said...

I don't see any flaw in this Willet.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It is always good to look back and remember the images these photographs bring.

Johnny Nutcase said...

what? these pictures are great. But i hear ya...i surprised myself the other day looking at a bunch of photos from this summer that I thought were blah but then realized hey...i like 'em. good stuff on this post!

Carol Mattingly said...

Fantastic Steve. Stay safe the bad weather is coming your way.

The Early Birder said...

Always the perfectionist. I'm glad you didn't bin these. FAB.

Erica Houskeeper said...

These are lovely shots. They are hardly flawed! I'm glad you came across these photos and decided to share them with us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails