Monday, December 7, 2009

Block Printing at the Sarah Elizabeth Shop

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


Today I'd like to turn you on to the Sarah Elizabeth Shop in Rockport, Massachusetts. GoodMorningGloucester did a wonderful interview with Isabel Natti and it would be a fool's errand to try to do as well Joey did. I encourage you to check it out.

All that aside, I've wanted to pop in and check the Sarah Elizabeth Shop. I had a great chat with Isabel. The shop carries unique note cards, place mats (shown below), runners and cocktail napkins.

Carefully aligning the inked block on a note card.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Hot off the press!


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

I cut my teeth on black and white photography, I actually built my own dark room when I was a kid. Perhaps that is why I have such affinity for block printing. Here is the block with the negative image.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

And here is the print in the form of a place mat.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Hmmm...there is something familiar about this motif!

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


Yes, you can see and buy all of the wonderful products on www.sarah-elizabeth-shop.com and Isabel will ship them to you.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

...beautiful work. I love woodcuts as well. It's amazing how an artist can achieve so much with so little--every cut being crucial...

Roy said...

Hmm! Lighthouses, I wonder where they got that idea from.??

Eve said...

Wow that is awsome Steve!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails